unoccupied property insurance

Unoccupied Residential Property Insurance

"Empty homes need specialist property insurance"

In the event that your home or let property becomes unoccupied for an extended period of time (normally 30 consecutive days), standard buildings insurance may not cover the property. Specialist Unoccupied property insurance can cover your property against a range of risks, including fire, lightning, explosion and vandalism.

  • Awaiting probate
  • Undergoing renovation / building work
  • Between tenants
  • Selling your home

Magnet's unoccupied property insurance gives excellent cover at an affordable price. Please see for yourself - obtain a quotation and arrange immediate cover NOW.


Types of unoccupied properties

A property can become unoccupied for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the more common causes:

Unoccupied properties pending sale

The property may be unoccupied while it is waiting to be sold. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing how long the sale will take to complete.

Unoccupied properties pending let

Let properties can fall vacant while they are waiting for new tenants. Unfortunately, standard landlord insurance will often have a limit on the length of time a property can be unoccupied for, before restrictions are applied or cover is reduced.

Unoccupied properties during renovation

If your vacant property is being refurbished, some insurers may restrict cover to fire, lightning, earthquake and explosion. However, there are policies to cover your building whilst work is being carried out. The insurer may want to find out about the nature of the work, how long it is likely to take and what the anticipated cost will be.

Contact Us

Got a question? Call us on
01636 858249
or email: